Kamis, 07 Agustus 2014

Maldives, another heaven on earth

Dreams do come true, I think that is the most appropriate words to describe my latest trip. Started from my awareness of how Lebaran day off can be a very good moment to be spent in overseas, plus you don't need to take another priceless limited day off , I was then encouraged my self to pursue another dream destination. The destination that i can only seen in the karaoke room so far.
crystal clear water everywhere

Maldives, people known this beautiful country as an expensive destinations and i was a bit scared. I have booked the flight like 4 months in advance and thanks God i got a good fare. This is a Mihin Lanka airlines that flew me to Colombo and then to Maldives by Sri Lanka Air. These two affiliated airlines has very different ambiance from the other airlines i have been flew with so far. Can you imagine that they use Sari as the uniform for the stewardess?. Wow, four hours of flight with less garment around their belly? i must take many Tolak angin if i were them. But yeah knowing the local Wisdom are the best thing to have in traveling isn't it ?.

I Arrived at the Ibrahim Nasir International Airport in Maldives at  18.30 Pm and it's a bit late to go to the resort. I will have no chance to go straight to the resort that i have booked by this hour, and that's why i need to find some transit hotel nearby the airport. The most interesting fact of Maldives is that, this country is actually consists of small islands where each island has different utilities. Airport where the island is located is called Hulhumale and the Capital city of Maldives is Male, which located in another Island. Hulhumale his is indeed a transit island. When people are too late for their resort pick up service, they are mostly stay here for a night. Hulhumale is a nice city actually. I love the architecture and the color of the local house. They are moderately soft but sophisticated. Very edgy. 


Almost every house in Hulhumale is a transit Hotel, the rate is quiet nice here, you may have a clean room started from 45 US Dollar. A very relaxing neighborhood, where the local can gracefully blended with the tourist and workers. Lot of Bangladeshi migrated to this island as a worker. They work here as a store attendant or hotel clerk. If you wish to travel to the capital of Male, you need to take a bus to the sea port and cross the Island for 20-30 Minutes by ferry. 

100 Percents of the Maldivians are Muslim. The country is remind me to Brunei Darusalam where you may not find any Alcohol in the market. Almost every women in the city wear Hijab. It is interesting to know how they can keep the sacred of Islam while u are also the most favorite travel destination. 

It was 10.00 am in the morning, time for me to embark to the airport. Yes the airport in Maldives is also a minute away from the Harbor where most of the fancy resort doc their jetty for the pick up service. It was an amazing view, the water was very clear, the sky was so blue and the boat it self is so bloody fancy. Ah this was really really really like a dreams came true. Like something that i previously watch on high end society vacation TV program.  I am very sure that i haven't  had any experience like this before in my entire life. I sits for a while waiting for another guess to board. But in ten minutes there were none other quests joining the boat, and yeah i can freely like really really free enjoyed the whole boat by my own ...laying here...laying there...selfie here, selfie there. Ah...I was so bloody lucky. A guy show up with a cold refreshment towel and a glass of welcoming wine. What the F....i taught they'll not allow it, but then i know, it is okay if it's already in the resort area. The same guy came to me again and ask whether i need anything else, and then he mentioned a coconut ice cream which was happens to be their signature dish. Okay this is just too much for me, but i like it. 

I was arrived at the Kurumba Island resort around at 10.40 am. A girl from the hotel showed me around the resort and she said that my room is gonna be ready in an hour. A bit disappointing indeed because i cant wait to see my room, the beachfront deluxe room. I realized that it was not yet the time to check in. I use my one hour waiting by taking a walk to the whole area of the island, taking pictures here and there and here are some of my best Shots.

Kurumba Resort

Kurumba at night

Well basically the whole island is Wonderful. The scenery is awesome, the ambiance is cozy. The facilities are amazing. talking about facilities, this Kurumba resort has so much too offer, 24 Hour free Wifi, a bottle of complimentary fine wine, a complimentary teddy bear doll (no kidding). 24 Hour Gym, and 24 hour beach. Hell yeah i did the skinny dipping and surprisingly i was not alone. How kinky was that?. lol.  I took so much effort to grab my own snorkel equipment because I wasn't informed that there were snorkels provided for no extra charge. 

Talking about Maldives, we shortly talk about the beaches. As i said before that i got a front beach villa so i can simply go to the beach as much as i wanted. And the beach here was awesome. it was so rejuvenated. Not only that, the underwater world is also amazing. These are some photos that i took during my crazy time in the beach.


Swimming, snorkeling, doing yoga and swimming and more swimming. Ah life is good. 

Yoga? yes yoga, i have been practicing yoga for almost 6 months already and having had my self in this beautiful island really encourage me to make a short yoga portfolio. I did make some video but unfortunately i cant uploaded here but sure you can still see some of my pictures doing yoga, just check it out.

Beautiful sun sets




They said Maldives is only for the honeymooners. Some also said it is an expensive and isn't worth to pay. Some also said that Maldives is not a good place to visit when you are traveling alone. Well i did conquered all those perspective. On my defense, sometimes you have to pay whatever it takes to fulfill your dreams. Sometimes being in a paradise without anyone else there with you, is even making it way much better since basically u don't need anyone else to be happy. Happy should be something unconditional. Your happiness should be nobody's business than your self .







4 komentar:

  1. Pas lihat foto-fotonya di FB, gue mau komen loe Lebaran di Maldives ya...Eh, ternyata benar :-)

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Iya Nong, lebaran di negeri yang 100 persen WNnya muslim....Menarik melihat keseharian disana.

      Hapus
    2. Oh iya..gue juga baru tahu lho kalo penduduk Maldives 100% Muslim *langsung search Google :D*

      Hapus
  2. Wah sudah sampai maldives ya, saya berfikir maldives itu pulau yang sangat mahal dan honeymoon destination , tapi setelah baca postingan ini sepertinya pulau ini layak dikunjungi juga utk solo traveler...

    BalasHapus